Burn the Confederate Flag Day is a protest against the right's exploitation of racial prejudice for political gain. We urge you to burn the Confederate flag, a long-time symbol of racial hatred, on Sept 12, the date when the racially-divisive Tea Party holds its annual hate fest.
Ways to get involved:
- Host a flag-burning party on Sept. 12.
- Tell us where and when you're holding it, and we'll publish a list of events.
- Send us photos of the event. We'll post them here.
- Upload a video of the event onto YouTube. We'll embed it or link to it.
- Let them know we're watching. Dress up like a clown and take a partially burned flag to a local tea party event (Don't burn a flag at the event unless local laws allow it.)
- Spread the word via Facebook (here's our Facebook group), Twitter, and other social media.
- Submit your own ideas, here in the comments. The General will use them to update his list.
- Place a banner on your blog, website, or social media profile. Here are a couple of examples you can use.