His method was as follows:
- Bring the large eggs to room temperature - a bowl of warm tap water, helped to accelerate this process.
- Add about a teaspoon to tablespoon of half and half per egg (we had no cream)
- Whisk with sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Non stick pan with butter on medium low heat (villa had a gas stove)
- Increase to medium high heat once curds start to form
- Serve from bowl with a large spoon, to keep the fluffy yellow eggs in-tact, accompanied with buttered toast, bacon, coffee or tea