W held his "final" White House press conference today - I do not understand how a "Press Conference" became a "presser" but I will not use that abrupt terminology. It's a press conference. Before Often-Histrionic-Olbermann, Really-likable-and-enthusiastic-Maddow, O'Reilly-n-Other-Faux-Commentators say anything about him tonight, here's my take:
- W did not pass up an opportunity to be an Ass to venerable Helen Thomas, by refusing to take any of her questions. Petty and immature people hold grudges for a long long time, and Helen's made him look pretty foolish, often times in the past 8 years.
- W ALMOST retracted his hubris with the admission of "Clearly putting a "Mission Accomplished" on a aircraft carrier was a mistake."
- W Demonstrated he still has no sense of what a moron he is perceived as by 79% of the country "Sometimes you misunderestimated me." (wait for laughter... no laughter comes)
- W proved he still can lie with a straight face "It has been a honor to work with you." - Bull Shit, he's hated dealing with most of the press. "a honor" (sic "an honor") only if directed towards Talon Media and Fox.
- W ALMOST called one of the largest motivating recruitment tools of jihad against the US - prisoner torture & abuse by a hypocritical regime that claims to promote freedom - a "mistake" but instead called it a "disappointment".
"There have been disappointments. Abu Ghraib obviously was a huge disappointment during the presidency. Not having weapons of mass destruction was a significant disappointment. I don't know if you want to call those mistakes or not, but they were -- things didn't go according to plan, let's put it that way. "
The best thing about it... no one will have to listen to this all-hat-no-cattle, frat boy, delusional, hubris filled miscreant again, in any official capacity. Good riddance.
1 year ago