- makes the ride more harsh,
- vibrates the vehicle and its contents (passengers) severely,
- transmits more force into the vehicle (not dissipated as heat, by the side wall flexing, since the sidewall is nearly non-existent)
- adversely affects the handling (suspension, steering, balance, responsiveness) of the vehicle from what the original designers and modelers intended
- it rubs the wheel wells, leading to excessive tire wear and unsafe operation
- it leads to ruined rims, from dents, cracks, and deformation when encountering severe road hazards
If anyone knows of ANY reason, other than cultural aesthetic preference, why putting "Dubs" on a vehicle is a good idea, in regards to performance, handling, efficiency, safety, cost, maintenance, comfort, or any other reason, please enlighten me. I'd really like to know.