compare and contrast
McCain (not a maverick, or straight talker, for the last 18 months)
Obama (not a secret time traveling Muslim)
If, when speaking publicly, the ability to
- use the English language
- inspire an audience enthusiastically
- draw a large crowd
- read a teleprompter
- present original material
- inspire your critics and many pundits to comment positively upon you
- present a vision for the future
- not base your speech entirely upon your opponents' talking points
- get more than a C+ in a public speaking class
....is any indicator of how a general election can go, then the election in November should be a landslide of Reagan-esque proportions, for the Democrats (if they don't blow it).
It makes me cringe to think back at how I used to subscribe to McCain's straight-talk email mailing list. Ouch.
1 year ago