Somehow, on my work email, I got signed up for Michael Steel's RNC newsletter. I am not sure how or why I got enrolled, but the paranoid emailings and hand wringing comes to my work inbox daily, and I find it quite amusing. At 630am Eastern Time today, Steele sends out This Survey. The questions are so classically slanted, Colbert could be asking them (eg "Bush, Great President, or Greatest President?").
8. Should we do everything we can to block Democrats who are trying to shut down conservative talk radio with the so-called "fairness doctrine"?
I hate to burst Talk Radio's bubble, but Democrats are not trying to shut them down. Sorry, false boogie man. Next.
10. Should Republicans unite in opposition to judicial nominees who bring a personal, left-wing agenda on social issues to their jobs as judges?
No no, they should bring personal, right-wing agendas instead, Scalia, Thomas, Alito....
Misguided & Misleading
2. Should we stop Democrat leaders from cutting funding from our intelligence agencies or bringing back Clinton-era restrictions on inter-agency communications?
LMAO! Yes, that's EXACTLY what Democrats want. No agency should EVER talk to another agency. No one should EVER share any information... wait.. wait.. that was the BUSH Administration!!
Ignorant of current events
3. Do you support the use of air strikes against any country that offers safe harbor or aid to individuals or organizations committed to further attacks on America?
There's been almost 100 air strikes into Pakistan in 2009 alone, most of those while Obama is in office. So what is the RNC trying to mislead their members into believing here?
4. Should Republicans unite in support of full funding for border and port security when Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid try to make cuts in these areas?
LMAO more! Yes RNC, Democrats don't want secure ports. They want to actually kneel down, and orally service jihadists when they enter this country. Give me a f*ckin break!
You're encouraged to fill out the survey yourself. Pretend to be a loyal RNC right wing faithful extremist, or a more centrist middle ground person, or whatever perspective you want to bring to the table. From a Darwinian standpoint, the more fundamentalist ideologues that respond, the sooner the GOP may de-evolve into a local, regional, mostly white party. The centrist view points I tried to express when I filled it out incognito were actually working against that extremist endpoint.
1 year ago