Google blogger, for iphones, is not a very good ap. I tried to upload this while sitting int he back yard, eating almonds, and sipping wine with my wife. Obviously, it didn't work well.
I came home from a 9 day trip (driving the Mazda to South Carolina to give to Nathan Jr, and then a week of work) to find my back yard fountain non-functional. Added water to it, no go. Tripped GFI and reset, no go. Cleaned the bowl, didn't do it. I could hear the pump trying to run (click, click, click) but nothing was coming out. So I thought "what would Bernoulli do?" I took off the 90 degree spigot off the output, put my lips around the tube, and blew in. GURGLE GURGLE GURGLE could be heard... removed my lips... and Gush! The water began to flow! The pump needed to be primed. Sure, it required mouthwash afterwards, but to got the pump running. = )
When the licensed electricians I hired installed the GFI properly (pulling new wire, clearing out the conduit under the cement, and sealing it at both ends) and the pump first started running, a LARGE wolf spider came crawling out of the pump output tube (larger than a car key spider) whose body had been blocking the tube... so I wanted to make sure she had not come back to inhabit the water supply tube = P .. No arachnids were harmed in the priming of this fountain pump.